Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Walter Martin- "Sing To Me" (featuring Karen O)

Maybe it's because I'm about to be a new Dad, but I love everything about this new project from The Walkmen's Walter Martin. On May 13, Martin will be releasing his first solo album called We're All Young Together. 
 Says Martin ..."I'm calling it a family record and I tried to fill it with warmth and humor because that's the kind of art I like - stuff that makes everyone feel welcome ... "I began to imagine a record I really wanted to hear: something new and original that captured the essence of early rock 'n' roll - innocent but mischievous, romantic but funny, and unabashedly sweet," he says. "It wasn't that I wanted to write songs to suit my new situation as a parent, it was more that parenthood made relevant writing the kind of songs I've always loved most."



No comments: